Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A scare and a pic

I discovered just how much I want to be a father to Peanut yesterday. We had a bit of a scare. Austen was awoken in the night by cramping, what she described as menstrual like cramping. Then again in the morning and through the early part of the morning. We were both concerned. I almost vomited my breakfast. It was at that point when I really realized just how much I love that little unborn fetus! Hell yeah! At any rate, we made a Drs. appointment immediately and they were able to see us that morning. Great news. I was stressed out the whole time. Then we had the ultrasound and all was good. Thank goodness. Thank goodness! It was relieving to hear the US tech say, everything from cervix to baby look good. It's a bit unusual to hear someone say your wife has a nice looking cervix, but whatever.. ;-)

So they also gave a sex check. It's a boy! That's now 3 out of 3 US techs that have agreed they could easily find a "3rd leg"...seriously, that's what they call it. No not a penis, a 3rd leg. It's medicine, anyhow, I digress. So it looks like Austen and I are going to be the VERY EXTREMELY OVER PROTECTIVE LOVING parents of a baby boy. 

No, that imaged does not show his 3rd leg, or at least I don;t think it stretches that far... else many of us males would be quite jealous!  At any rate, there he is - our beautiful lil peanut! He's the f-ing bomb! And so of course now the flurry of 1 question comes like a barrage of firepower from a line of soldiers: "Names?"

Sorry, folks. I think we've agreed to hold off talking about names until we decide on something that we love. We have a few we're tossing around. Maybe this will be the surprise... instead of the sex... LOL

SO there we have it - the dude!

2 comments:

  1. What a handsome little boy you have there!!! I adore him already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I agree with pretty much everything that Steve said. He is the cutest thing that I have ever seen. The thought of something happening to him was so incredibly frightening. I am so thankful that he is healthy and doing well.

    ReplyDelete