Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One of the most exhilirating days of my life

Today. Today I woke up and got to go see Austen and my embryo, which we are calling Peanut's heart beat. We got to see that lil blob that is the end result of our reproductive success. As long as I've been around medical imaging technology, I've never actually been around ultrasound. Today was totally amazing. Totally. To think that the little bugger up on the screen - that crazy African drum sounding heart beating sound - was ours. Something we made! I cannot remember ever feeling more happy or proud. Pride, like I did something spectacular that every other person on the planet doesn't do, I know, it sounds really strange, but I felt proud! Proud of myself. Proud of my gorgeous wife (who by the way never looked hotter than during those 10 minutes of medical gowned glory this morning). And proud of the lil dude's (yeah I gotta feeling about the sex) heartbeat ticking away.

This whole deal was an accident. We had a perfectly good, no PERFECT dog, Bruno. We made the mistake of adding Radley... Nah, just teasing, We love Rads. But two dogs, one being a young puppy has been tough. Then we decided, hey, we just about got over waking up in the middle of the night to run the crying puppy downstairs for some peeps or poops so why don't we buy a house! Sounds reasonable right? AHHHHHH!!!!!

The house purchase, apparently could not have been better timed! And now this. The newest of our adventures. The kid! I mean what trick are we going to pull on our family next? ;-) Relax, Family, I am kidding!

I've heard it a lot - the miracle stuff. I don't believe in miracles but if I did I do think that what I felt today was what those people talk about. Sheer brilliance. I think I had a smile on my face all day (for those of you who might of thought I just had a botox shot, I didn't, seriously!)

Well, this is sure to be a fun, entertaining that the very least, journey.... Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment